Save $1 with Theraflu
Theraflu Daytime Severe Cold and Cough Medicine
Hot Liquid Powder
Turn the heat up on your worst symptoms with a cupful of fast-acting relief. Enjoy the great taste of berry, menthol, and green tea flavors as the cold and cough medicines go to work on your worst cold and flu symptoms and provide you with a warm wave of relief.
Dosing Information & Directions
Adults and children over the age of 12 should take 1 packet every 4 hours to treat symptoms of a severe cold and cough. Children under 12 should not take Theraflu Cough Relief Hot Liquid Powder.
Dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water; sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes. If using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water; stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
Do not take more than 5 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
- Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- Minor aches and pains
- Minor sore throat pain
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Temporarily reduces fever
- Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
Directions for Use
- Do not use more than directed
- Age: Adults and children 12 years of age and over, Dose: One packet
- Age: Children under 12 years of age, Dose: Do not use
- Take every 4 hours, while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 5 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- Dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water: sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- If using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water; stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
- Acetaminophen (pain reliever/fever reducer) – 650 mg
- Dextromethorphan HBr (cough suppressant) – 20 mg
- Phenylephrine HCl (nasal decongestant) – 10 mg
Acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, sodium citrate, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate
Product warnings/Advisory Information
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms of this reaction may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help immediately.
Sore throat warning: If severe sore throat persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- In a child under 12 years of age
- If you are allergic to acetaminophen
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Certain OTC products, including Theraflu Daytime Severe Cough & Cold Hot Liquid Powder, can be purchased using your HSA and FSA tax-preferred savings account. The CARES Act includes provisions to restore OTC eligibility under tax-preferred HSA and FSA accounts. Your health plan details may vary, so save your receipt and check with your benefits or health provider to confirm eligibility.
Ratings and reviews
Theraflu Multi-Symptom Severe Cold Hot Liquid Powder
Relieve your night time symptom swith Theraflu Nighttime Multi-Symptom Severe Coldwith TeaInfusions, a fast-acting medicine to help fight cold & flu symptoms.
Learn more now.
Theraflu Cough Relief Hot Liquid Powder
Fight off your worst cough and chest congestion symptoms. Theraflu Cough Relief Hot Liquid Powder is a hot liquid powder medicine that tastes great and uses maximum strength ingredients to provide a warm wave of relief.
Theraflu Flu & Sore Throat Hot Liquid Powder
Relieve your flu and sore throat symptoms with a maximum-strength over-the-counter medicine. Try Theraflu Flu & Sore Throat Hot Liquid Powder for fast acting symptom relief.