Save $1 with Theraflu
Theraflu ExpressMax Nighttime Cold and Cough Medicine
Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup
Get powerful symptom relief and much needed shut-eye. Theraflu ExpressMax Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup gets to work on congestion, body aches, sore throat, and nighttime sneezing and runny nose. This berry-flavored syrup provides powerful symptom relief that combines maximum-strength medicines—available without a prescription—and relieves so you can restore and recover.
Dosing Information & Directions
Adults and children older than 12 should take 30mL every 4 hours, using the dosing cup provided to treat symptoms of the flu, cough and sore throat.
Unless directed by a medical professional, do not take more than 5 doses (150 mL) in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
Children under 12 should not take Theraflu ExpressMax Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup. Talk to your doctor about treatment for symptoms in children under 12.
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- Minor aches and pains
- Minor sore throat pain
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Runny nose
- Itchy nose or throat
- Itchy watery eyes due to hay fever
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Temporarily reduces fever
- Do not use more than directed
- Measure the dose correctly using the enclosed dosing cup
- Take every 4 hours in dosing cup provided, while symptoms persist
- Do not take more than 5 doses (150 mL) in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
- Age: Adults and children 12 years of age and over, Dose: 30 mL
- Age: Children under 12 years of age, Dose: Do not use
Active Ingredients (in each 30 mL):
Acetaminophen (pain reliever/fever reducer) – 650mg
Diphenhydramine HCl (antihistamine/cough suppressant) – 25mg
Phenylephrine HCl (decongestant) – 10mg
Acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, maltitol solution, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate
Acetaminophen, also known as paracetamol, should not be taken with other medicines that also contain acetaminophen. Acetaminophen is contained in many medicines to treat pain, fever, symptoms of cold and flu, and sleep medicines. Do not take more than recommended dose, as this may be harmful, including serious harm to your liver. If you have liver or kidney disease, talk to your doctor before taking acetaminophen.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use:
- In a child under 12 years of age
- If you are allergic to acetaminophen
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Certain OTC products, including Theraflu, can be purchased using your HSA and FSA tax-preferred savings account. The CARES Act includes provisions to restore OTC eligibility under tax-preferred HSA and FSA accounts. Your health plan details may vary, so save your receipt and check with your benefits or health provider to confirm eligibility.