Save $1 with Theraflu
Theraflu ExpressMax Daytime Cold and Cough Syrup
Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup
Don’t let your worst cold and cough symptoms ruin your plans. Grab serious, warming relief and get on with your day, with a berry-flavored syrup that won’t make you drowsy and combines maximum-strength medicines available without a prescription. Find daytime relief from congestion, cough, pain, and fever with Theraflu ExpressMax Daytime Severe Cold & Cough.
Dosing Information & Directions
Adults and children over the age of 12 should take 30mL every 4 hours, using the dosing cup provided to treat symptoms of a severe cold and cough.
Children under 12 should not take Theraflu ExpressMax Daytime Severe Cold & Cough Syrup.
Do not take more than 5 doses in a 24 hour period unless directed by a doctor.
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- Minor aches and pains
- Minor sore throat pain
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Temporarily reduces feve
- Do not use more than directed
- Age: Adults and children 12 years of age and over, Dose: 30 mL
- Age: Children under 12 years of age, Dose: Do not use
- Take every 4 hours, while symptoms persist.
- Measure the dose correctly using the enclosed dosing cup
- Do not take more than 5 doses (150 mL) in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor. Do not take more than 6 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- Acetaminophen (pain reliever/fever reducer) – 650 mg
- Dextromethorphan HBr (cough suppressant) – 20 mg
- Phenylephrine HCl (nasal decongestant) – 10 mg
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use:
- In a child under 12 years of age
- If you are allergic to acetaminophen
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product, do not exceed recommended dosage.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Certain OTC products, including Theraflu, can be purchased using your HSA and FSA tax-preferred savings account. The CARES Act includes provisions to restore OTC eligibility under tax-preferred HSA and FSA accounts. Your health plan details may vary, so save your receipt and check with your benefits or health provider to confirm eligibility.
Ratings and reviews
Find relief from your cold and cough at any time of day. Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Cough Caplets relieve your symptoms and help you get back to feeling your best.