Save $1 with Theraflu
Nighttime Flu Relief Max Strength Syrup
Honey & Elderberry Flavor
You can count on this maximum strength fever fighting formula to get a peaceful night of rest when your flu symptoms are keeping you awake. This Honey and Elderberry flavored nighttime syrup provides up to 6 hours of relief from body aches, sore throats, fevers and more.
Dosing Information & Directions
Adults and children over the age of 12 should take 30 mL every 6 hours while flu symptoms persist. Measure the dosing correctly using the cup provided.
Do not take more than 3 doses (90 mL) in any 24-hour period unless directed by a doctor.
Children under the age of twelve should not take Theraflu Nighttime Flu Relief Max Strength Syrup.
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a common cold:
- Minor aches and pains
- Minor sore throat pain
- Runny nose
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- Temporarily reduces fever
Directions for Use
- Do not use more than directed
- Measure the dose correctly using the enclosed dosing cup
- Take every 6 hours in dosing cup provided, while symptoms persist
- Do not take more than 3 doses (90 mL) in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- For adults and children 12 years of age and over, one dose in 30 mg
- Do not use in children under the age of 12
Active Ingredients (In each 30mL):
Acetaminophen (Pain reliever/fever reducer) – 1000 mg
Chlorpheniramine (Antihistamine) – 4 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr (Cough suppressant) – 30 mg
anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, flavors, glycerin, light amber honey, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sodium gluconate, sucralose, xanthan gum, zinc gluconate
Product warnings/Advisory Information
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms of this reaction may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help immediately.
Sore throat warning: If severe sore throat persists for more than 2 days and is accompanied (or followed) by a fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a healthcare provider immediately.
Do not use
- In a child under 12 years of age
- If you are allergic to acetaminophen
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Certain OTC products, including Theraflu Tea Infusions, can be purchased using your HSA and FSA tax-preferred savings account. The CARES Act includes provisions to restore OTC eligibility under tax-preferred HSA and FSA accounts. Your health plan details may vary, so save your receipt and check with your benefits or health provider to confirm eligibility.
Ratings and reviews
Day/ Night Flu Relief Max Strength Syrup Value Pack
Day or night, your flu symptoms don’t stand a chance when you take our Max Strength fever fighting formula. This formula provides up to 6 hours of relief from the worst of your flu symptoms, like headaches, body aches, and sore throats so you can take back your day or get the rest you need to recover.