Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold and Flu Medicine Syrup
Severe Cold & Flu Syrup
When a nasty cold or flu hits, reach for Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu and get 7-symptom relief. With a unique warming sensation and comforting berry flavour, the syrup delivers fast acting symptom relief without a prescription. Treat fever, cough, nasal congestion, and sore throat with powerful cold and flu relief.
Dosing Information & Directions
Adults and children over the age of 12 should take 30 mL every 4 hours, while cold and flu symptoms persist. Measure the dose correctly using the dosing cup provided.
Children under 12 years old should not take Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Flu Syrup.
Do not take more than 5 doses (150 mL) in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
Temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- minor aches and pains
- minor sore throat pain
- nasal and sinus congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Temporarily reduces fever
Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- Do not use more than directed
- measure the dose correctly using the enclosed dosing cup
- take every 4 hours in dosing cup provided, while symptoms persist
- do not take more than 5 doses (150 mL) in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- Age: Adults and children 12 years of age and over, Dose: 30 mL
- Age: Children under 12 years of age, Dose: Do not use
Acetaminophen (pain reliever/fever reducer) – 650mg
Dextromethorphan HBr (cough suppressant) – 20 mg
Guaifenesin (expectorant) – 400 mg
Phenylephrine HCl (nasal decongestant) – 10 mg
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, maltitol solution, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms of this reaction may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help immediately.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- Children under 12 years of age
- If you are allergic to acetaminophen
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a healthcare provider or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- Pain or nasal congestion becomes severe and lasts more than 7 days
- Fever exceeds 100 degrees or lasts more than 3 days
- New symptoms occur
- Pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children aged 12+ even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Certain OTC products, including Theraflu Tea Infusions, can be purchased using your HSA and FSA tax-preferred savings account. The CARES Act includes provisions to restore OTC eligibility under tax-preferred HSA and FSA accounts. Your health plan details may vary, so save your receipt and check with your benefits or health provider to confirm eligibility.
Ratings and reviews
Find relief from your cold and cough at any time of day. Theraflu ExpressMax Severe Cold & Cough Caplets relieve your symptoms and help you get back to feeling your best.