Save $1 with Theraflu
Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Hot Liquid Powder Medicine
Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Hot Liquid Powder Medicine
Don’t let your symptoms follow you to bed. Enjoy the taste of honey lemon and the rest comes easy. Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Hot Liquid Powder Medicine delivers a warm wave of powerful relief that works on your worst cold and flu symptoms fast, including: nasal congestion, sneezing, cough, sinus congestion, headaches, body aches, sore throat, and fever.
Dosing Information & Directions
For adults and children over the age of 12, take one packet every 4 hours, while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 5 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
Children under 12 years old should not take Theraflu Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough Hot Liquid Powder Medicine.
- Dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water.
- If using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water. Stir briskly before and after heating.
- Sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
Temporarily relieves these cold and/or flu symptoms:
- Minor aches and pains
- Minor sore throat pain
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Runny nose
- Itchy nose or throat
- Itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever
- Cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Temporarily reduces fever
- Do not use more than directed
- While experiencing symptoms, take every 4 hours. Do not take more than 6 servings (packets) in 24 hours unless instructed by a healthcare provider. Adults and children aged 12 years and older, dose: 1 packet. Children aged 12 and under, do not use.
- Pour contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water, stir until dissolved.
- If using cold water, add packet to 8 oz. of cool water and stir after heating
- Consume while hot, within 10-15 minutes
- Do not consume while over-heated; wait until drink is cool enough to sip
Acetaminophen (pain reliever/fever reducer) – 500 mg
Diphenhydramine HCl (antihistamine/cough suppressant) – 25 mg
Phenylephrine HCl (nasal decongestant) – 10 mg
Acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, FD&C yellow no.6, flavors, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, sodium citrate, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- More than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- In a child under 12 years of age
- If you are allergic to acetaminophen
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- Cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- Cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Marked drowsiness may occur
- Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Certain OTC products, including Theraflu Tea Infusions, can be purchased using your HSA and FSA tax-preferred savings account. The CARES Act includes provisions to restore OTC eligibility under tax-preferred HSA and FSA accounts. Your health plan details may vary, so save your receipt and check with your benefits or health provider to confirm eligibility.