Save $1 with Theraflu
Theraflu Flu and Sore Throat Medicine
Flu & Sore Throat Hot Liquid Powder
Get soothing, powerful flu and sore throat relief with great tasting apple cinnamon flavor. Simply add Theraflu Flu & Sore Throat Hot Liquid Powder to hot water and sip while hot. Pour a tasty cup to quickly alleviate congestion, runny nose, and sore throat.
Dosing Information & Directions
For adults and children over the age of 12, take one packet every 4 hours, while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 5 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
Children under 12 years old should not take Theraflu Flu & Sore Throat Hot Liquid Powder.
- Dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water.
- If using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water. Stir briskly before and after heating.
- Sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
Temporarily relieves these cold and/or flu symptoms:
- Minor aches and pains
- Minor sore throat pain
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Runny nose
- Itchy nose or throat
- Itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever
Temporarily reduces fever
- Do not use more than directed
- Take every 4 hours, while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 5 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- Dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water: sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- If using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water: stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
Age: Adults and children 12 years of age and over, Dose: One packet
Age: Children under 12 years of age, Dose: Do not use
Acetaminophen (pain reliever/fever reducer) – 650 mg
Pheniramine maleate (antihistamine) – 20 mg
Phenylephrine HCl (nasal decongestant) – 10 mg
Acesulfame potassium, apple cinnamon flavors, citric acid, D&C yellow no. 10, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, lecithin, maltodextrin, medium chain triglycerides, silicon dioxide, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, sucrose, triacetin, tribasic calcium phosphate
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- More than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms of this reaction may include:
- Skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help immediately.
Sore throat warning: If severe sore throat persists for more than 2 days and is accompanied (or followed) by a fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a healthcare provider immediately.
Do not use
- In a child under 12 years of age
- If you are allergic to acetaminophen
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- A sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- May cause drowsiness
- Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- Excitability may occur, especially in young adults aged 12+
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- Pain or nasal congestion becomes severe and lasts more than 7 days
- Fever exceeds 100 degrees or lasts more than 3 days
- New symptoms occur
- Redness or swelling is present. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Certain OTC products, including Theraflu Tea Infusions, can be purchased using your HSA and FSA tax-preferred savings account. The CARES Act includes provisions to restore OTC eligibility under tax-preferred HSA and FSA accounts. Your health plan details may vary, so save your receipt and check with your benefits or health provider to confirm eligibility.