Nighttime Severe Cold
Powerful Nighttime relief from your worst cold and flu symptoms.
A stuffy nose and annoying cough can make it hard to get the sleep you need. Theraflu® Nighttime Severe Cold & Cough contains powerful medicines that quiet coughs and restore freer breathing through the nose to help you get to sleep.
- Nasal Congestion
- Sore Throat
- Sinus Congestion
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- minor aches and pains
- minor sore throat pain
- nasal and sinus congestion
- runny nose
- itchy nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes due to hay fever
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
- temporarily reduces fever
Active ingredients (in each packet)
|Acetaminophen||650 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Diphenhydramine HCl||25 mg||Antihistamine/Cough suppressant|
|Phenylephrine HCl||10 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- each packet contains: potassium 10 mg, sodium 23 mg
- phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 13 mg per packet
- store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F). Protect product from heat and moisture.
acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, D&C yellow #10, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavors, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, sodium citrate, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate
Questions or Comments?
- do not use more than directed
- take every 4 hours, while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 5 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
|children under 4 years of age||do not use|
|children 4 to under 12 years of age||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||one packet|
- dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water: sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- if using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water: stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- in a child under 4 years of age
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on the skin
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- marked drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- pain, cough or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.